Saturday, September 26, 2009

Twilight Rant

Why? Because it's almost midnight. I don't want to go to bed. And every blog needs a twilight post.

So once upon a time I heard about this unknown book called Twilight. I heard about it from a Harry Potter fan, whom I have great respect for, so I decided it's probably a good book. Then another friend dragged me out to see the movie. I was somewhat excited, after all I was leaving the house to hang out at the mall. In fact I even promised myself that if it was good I'd read the book.

For those who are wondering. I haven't read the book yet.

But Twilight pisses me off. Just from the plot description it sounds like some 13 year old's vampire fanfic. I mean sparkle? WTF? As a proud creator of a vampire OC I am disgusted. Half the charm of a vampire is that they gave up sunrises, sunsets, and normal food for eternal life! Now they can see the sun rise and set, why? It's original yes, but there is a reason why no one else has EVER had a sparkly vampire. Besides, I can't use the word sparkly to describe a boy. It makes it seem too yaoi.

Bella on the other hand pissed me off to. Just by watching the movie I could tell she was a Mary Sue. I mean come on! She moves to a new school, all the guys love her, she's "average," she fixes everyone's relationship problems, and she has a werewolf and a vampire after her heart. Why? WHY!?

I was browsing flairs on facebook and one said "who cares? It'll be dead in 5 years anyways." Unfortunately I don't think it will. Twilight has left such a mark on teenage culture that it will stick around. There are so many fangirls and so many haters that it will never be forgotten. And the whole Team "insert character name here" will stick too. It's kinda ingenious. Please tell me the Twilight fangirls didn't create that part?

That's really all of my rant. Life's kicking my ass at the moment, so I don't get much time to update. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment