Sunday, August 16, 2009

We do three types of jobs here...


Hello there! For once I'm actually updating my blog early! I know, miricles do happen. As you might have guessed, the topic of today's post, which I am skipping church to write, is the picture to the left.

As yaoi writers/fans we find three types of jobs to be effective at gaining readers, good and cheap, fast and cheap, or good and fast.

If you are looking for a good and cheap story, then expect it to update every month or so. If you want one that's fast and cheap, then there will be grammar mistakes, spelling errors, and some lovely OOCness. But if you want it to be good and fast, expect to be peroosing the local book stores manga self, and paying $10 for a yaoi novel.

Why? Because it's the way we as writers work. I personally write 4000 word chapters most of the time. They take me a few months to complete. Some writers, like Yami Dragoness of Light (I think) Manage to update every single day (or twice in a day) but write shorter chapters (I believe her's come out to be about 1000 a day. And I absolutely recomend you go to read her. She wrote a wonderful 5980 mpreg that I just finished reading, and I'm currently working through her Squalo/Xanxus mpreg. Both are quite good!) As far as I've been able to tell this is the general order of thing.

So pick one and deal with it. People will love you either way. Now I must go get to work. I have 3 stories on my to do list (one is due this tuesday, one was due 2 months ago, and one has a plot bunny biting my heels), so I must leave. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment